Having a professional looking website is important to attract traffic. With so many websites on the Internet competing for attention, a well designed website will stand out from the clutter and can be easily found and viewed. A website can be constructed by hiring a web designer, or if you have basic skills in html or CSS, you can modify templates offered by WordPress or Blogger.
A professional looking website is user friendly and visually appealing. Here are tips on how to make your website look professionally designed:
1. Understand the purpose of your website. This is important as it will help you to know whether you want your website to be personal or to sell products or services. If your website is to sell products, you need to integrate your website with a shopping cart.
2. Focusing on a familiar layout. If you are looking at websites, nearly all of them have a two or three-column layout. This format makes the website easy to navigate. The bar column on the left or right side will showcase all internal or external links, making your web pages organized.
3. Intuitive and logical navigation. A website with a simple navigation menu will make it easy for users to find their way around the website. If your website has many links, consider a drop down menu to avoid cluttering the side bar.
4. Content must load fast. An effective website has graphics that load fast and does not have any unnecessary background images. The visitor does not have to wait long for the content to load and this encourages them to be repeat visitors.
5. Use complementary colors. For instance, a black font on a white colored background helps visitors to read your content and engages them longer on your website. Furthermore, using familiar or common available fonts are important to ensure the display is compatible with the users’ browser.
In conclusion, a website designed professionally will be easy to use and to navigate. Content will load quickly and the layout is pleasing to the eyes. As a result, users will stay longer on your website, and they will bookmark it for future reference.